Walk for Diabetes Set for Oct. 10

Общемировые новости по сахарному диабету на английском языке. Публикуются пользователями и автоматически из лент информационных агентств.
Ответить
admin
Site Admin
Контактная информация:

Walk for Diabetes Set for Oct. 10

Сообщение admin »

The walk seeks to raise awareness about how widespread diabetes is and how it affects the lives of those who have it, and their families.

Those with type 1 diabetes have the disease through no fault of their own.

Officials say type 2 diabetes often develops through lifestyle habits.

"The disease is at epic proportions here in the state of Mississippi," said David Majure, whose father had type 2 diabetes. "Over 12% of the population has diabetes. This is a disease we don't have a cure for, but it's one that can be managed. And it's also one that can be prevented through exercise and diet, and that's some of the things we'll be talking about and discussing during the walk."

"This is what I do. If my sugar gets high, I get insulin. If it gets low, I eat. If it's good, I don't have to eat nothing," said Christian Willis, a child who has learned what he needs to do to manage his diabetes.

Whether people have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, the condition changes their lives forever.

The Walk for Diabetes is Oct. 10 at 2 p.m. at Bonita Lakes Park. Individuals and teams are invited to participate. For more information, you may call 601-693-2655.

Ответить